So, you’re ready to move? If you’re like me, you are researching the world-wide web for tips that will make you a moving guru. After all, what is more rewarding than a successful DIY project? Hopefully, you made this your first research site because I have compiled a killer series of moving tips, guaranteed to make you moving boss!
This first part of our series addresses pre-packing organization. Enjoy!
- Prevent toiletries from leaking by sealing the opening with plastic wrap and recover with cap. Voila! No leaks!!!
- Go through your home and do an inventory, separating items for sale, donation, or trash. You might be surprised how much you slim down your packing.
- Separate your valuables to one area and pack them in a box or bag you will carry in your vehicle.
- Organize your files and paperwork to prepare them for the move. Shred what you no longer need and separate important documents to be transported in your personal vehicle.
- Create a binder for documents regarding your move.
- Slow down on grocery shopping.
- Label your wires and cords with the name of the pairing device. Then group them together in a bag labeled with the device name.
- Change your address and transfer/cancel your utilities.
- Dispose of hazardous materials.
- This is the time to trash and donate all the items that you have not worn in a year, are expired, or simply serve no purpose.
- This is a great time to gather together important documents and shred what is useless.